I love having guest bloggers, especially when it's my sister because she has such great taste and her posts are super cute! She's a landscape designer with a super cool Scandinavian design style (runs in the family) that's all about bringing the indoors, outdoors. Essentially the concept of extending your living space outside.
In the new year you'll be seeing a bit more of her, me, my other sister, lot's of Hugo etc as I ramp up my blogging to include a bit more of a lifestyle component.
GBD'S HOLIDAY COCKTAIL MIX
As we all gear towards the holidays and are hosting parties for family and friends, it’s always nice to stumble upon a unique cocktail recipe. Going hand in hand with our belief in encouraging people to get out and enjoy the outdoors, we wanted to create a fun and dual-purpose holiday punch that could play a part.
Start your night with your guests indoors, with a chilled, boozy punch. Later in the night when it’s time for a change of scenery, turn your chilled punch into a hot beverage to take outside! Start a campfire, take a quick jaunt around the neighborhood, or if it’s February in Ottawa –go for a night skate on the Rideau Canal! Which ever you choose, grab a thermos and take your GBD Holiday Adventure Punch with you.
2 (200 ml) Ginger Beer
2 (200 ml) Ginger ale
2 1/2 (1L) Perrier Original
1 mickey Jameson Whiskey
4 tbsp. Grenadine
2 cups frozen cranberries
1 bag Ice
6 Cinnamon sticks
Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
2 cups apple cider
1. Turn on the song ‘Mele Kalikimaka’ from the Christmas Vacation soundtrack and put on repeat…. It just feels right for some reason
2. Pour all liquids into punch bowl except for Grenadine & Apple cider and stir.
3. Squeeze 1 full Lemon and 1 full Orange into punch bowl. Slice up remaining Lemon and Orange and add to top of bowl along with frozen cranberries.
4. Pour in Grenadine and stir
5. Add ice
6. Ladle into ice filled punch glasses and garnish with Rosemary sprig
1. Pour contents of punch bowl into pot and place on stove top on medium heat
2. Add cinnamon sticks and Apple Cider and let simmer for 5-6 mins.
3. When punch is heated to your liking, pour into mugs or thermoses and head outside!
-The GBD Team